(re)introduce someone to the joy of cycling
If you want to (re)introduce someone to the joy of cycling, here is a great way to do it (I’ve tested it out on a friend).
- Catch a shuttle up to Waimangu Volcanic Valley with Thermal Land Shuttle (0800 894 287).
- Check out the valley – it is pretty amazing.
- Have a coffee in the cafe.
- Jump on your bike and ride 31 km, mostly downhill, back to Rotorua.
- Head for Zippys and/or a soak at the hot pools.
They will think cycling is easy, fun, and interesting, without being knackered by hills or freaked out by technical stuff.